Job advertisment/ የስራ ማስታወቅያ
05 July 2021
Minister of Religion, ECFC UK
The Ethiopian Christian Fellowship (UK), 178 Kings Cross Road, London WC1X 9DE
Employment Type: Two-year (rolling) contract
Salary: £25,000 - £30,000
The Ethiopian Christian Fellowship (UK) - ECFC UK would like to employ a Minister of Religion (Pastoral Nature) who has a good command of verbal and writing skills of the English and Amharic languages.
Deadline for application will be 20th of July 2021. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview and date of interview will be on 24 July 2021.
The job offer will be subject to two references one from your last employer.
Ethiopian Christian Fellowship Church,UK
Job Description/Title : Church Minister
Location London, UK
Salary Approximately Gross Annual Salary - £25,000 rising to a maximum of £30,000. An increase of £1,000 with additional year of service.
Benefits 24 days annual leave, rising to a maximum of 28 days with additional years of service. Contributory personal pension.
Reports to Elders' Board.
Employment Two year contract renewable to subject to satisfactory performance.
- Job Purpose Statement
The Church Minister is part of the management team and will direct and oversee all spiritual activities of the Church in collaboration with the Elders Board to ensure that the Church can deliver a coherent strategy in relation to its objectives, purposes and assignments given to the Church by the Lord. The postholder will play an important role in bringing the vision of ECFC to reality in relation to disseminating the Gospel message and providing pastoral care, and helping members grow in their spiritual life.
The position of the Minister requires great flexibility in hours available for work including evenings and weekends. The Minister should allocate a sufficient amount of time for accessibility to members of the congregation and for regular communciation with members of the Elders Board, the Church Staff, and other bodies of the Church.
- Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide dynamic teaching, leadership and vision to ECFC UK and Its potential future generations, and will operate within the values and practices of the constitution of the Church.
- Builds up on the existing ECFCUK vision, work to discern and fulfil God’s purposes for the very diverse, Ethiopian, Eritrean community and the English service.
- Maintains the Biblical integrity of ECFCUK's teaching guided by the Holy Spirit; the pastoral oversight of church members & staff, ensuring their spiritual health and growth.
- Lead the celebration of the sacraments (the Lord's Supper, baptism,) and celebrations, which are Weddings and child dedication.
- In collaboration with the Church Elders take the lead role of implementing ECFCUK’s values, and strategic vision.
- Together with the Church Elders continually seeks God’s will and direction for the vision and mission of ECFCUK.
- Responsible for the spiritual health and growth of the church, bringing the community progressively to a high and sustained standard of spiritual maturity.
- Sets the church-wide culture and atmosphere, while remaining sensitive to cultural and significant political differences in the Diaspora community.
- Regularly encourage members to serve and join ministries and further develop them with the goal of seeing the spiritual growth of all members.
- Act as the primary vision-caster: communicates and models ECFCUK’s vision, mission and values clearly, passionately, powerfully and creatively — with staff, leaders, and attendees.
- Recognize team members contributions and ensures that the organisational structure, gifts and skills of the staff and bi-vocational leaders are effectively aligned to achieve the Vision.
- Motivate and inspire healthy teamwork, good communication and mutual respect both in and between the various teams.
- Identify, recruit, train, deploy, monitor and evaluate suitable volunteer members and staff to resource existing and developing ministries.
- Ensure suitable training/equipping opportunities and materials for those involved in ministry teams so that they are, and feel, equipped to fulfil their responsibilities.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to direct all aspects of ministry and corporate worship.
- Facilitate the process of listening and responding to the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- Conduct funeral services and offer pastoral support to those who are dying and those who have been bereaved with Members Care team.
- Carry out weddings and helping people prepare for marriage the marriage counselling team; Conduct the Lord's Supper, baptism and child dedication with the Deacons team.
- To be a passionately outward-focused and disciple-maker work closely with the Evangelism department.
- Consistently communicate the salvation message as part of the teaching of the Church.
- Lead the Church to be outward-focused in all ministry and activity.
- Takes primary responsibility for preaching with the Education Department for Sunday services, including content and series development, in ways that are practical, relevant, and understandable for a diverse audience.
- Schedules regular personal study time to keep spiritual depth and Biblical insight, and regularly seeks God’s will and direction for teaching that is needed by the church.
- Maintains integrity of Biblical interpretation in curricula, messages, and all church ministry areas.
- Train’s members of the congregation to become proficient in their study and exposition of the Word.
- Encourages the congregation to be doers of the Word by being an example.
- Annual development of goals and objectives of the church within the strategic plan/guidelines and operating budgets, approved by the EB/TB.
- Represents ECFCUK when nominated and maintains appropriate contacts with leaders of other churches
- Qualification, Experience, & Skills
Relevant Theological Degree or, proven bible and theological training.
Able to deliver sermons and conduct bible study groups.
Fluent written and spoken Amharic and English.
Excellent communication Skills.
- Persons Specifications
- A clear evangelical Christian commitment and consistent integrity in life and doctrine especially given the Biblical mandate to be a role model for others.
- Appropriate theological and leadership training;
- An ability to fulfill the role of a Church Minister.
- A commitment to prayer and serious-minded study of the scriptures.
- A real love for Jesus Christ & people including a desire to see those people become fully committed Christians. Have a real evangelistic heart.
- Experience of leading and co-ordinating work among people from both a Christian and non-Christian background.
- An approachable personality and an understanding nature. Strong people skills to build relationships for the gospel.
- Proven preaching and teaching experience with large congregations.
- Relevant practical experience in managing groups of people;
- A real sense of call to the Christian work among the poor, the undeserving, and the lost;
- Ability to relate to people and their culture;
- Demonstrate empathy with others;
- Ability to work co-operatively with others.
This document is subject to amendment from time to time in line with the change in the objectives of the Church. However amendment of the document will be done in consultation with the post holder.